Typical landfills produce a toxic “soup” – a water effluent full of metals, nutrients, organic material, pathogens and more. Landfill operators will either treat this captured effluent onsite for discharge to the environment, or more often than not, send the leachate to the municipal wastewater treatment facility, either via sewers or tanker-trucks.
The ECOTHOR® electrotechnology platform can support landfill operators and dump remediation sites by providing cost-effective solutions in a number of ways:
- ECOTHOR®-EC can polish the leachate by removing heavy metals, such as zinc, and BOD5;
- ECOTHOR®-EC can remove ammonia nitrogen, phosphates, and other contaminants from raw or treated leachate;
- ECOTHOR®-AOP can destroy ammonia nitrogen as a polishing step;
- ECOTHOR®-AOP can provide onsite PFAS destruction capabilities.
The E2metrix advantages
- Multiple contaminants removed simultaneously, with disinfection (high efficiency)
- Complete leachate treatment train available – Containerized as well
- Competitive CAPEX, low cost of ownership
- Service contract available
- Fully automated with remote operation on multiple platforms
- Simple-to-operate and easy-to-maintain
- On/Off Capabilities vs biological processes
- Compact & modular – small footprint – containers available
- No moving parts.
Removal Efficiencies – Landfill Leachate
|Total Ammonia Nitrogen||98%|