- Posted by: Tom Whitton
- Categories: Communiqué, Internationnal, Landfill Leachate, Municipal & Sanitary, Press release
SHERBROOKE, October 6th, 2022 – E2metrix, a leading Canadian innovator for clean and green water treatment, has provided an update on its first delivered, commercial-scale ECOTHOR®-AOP unit for Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) destruction, operating at a drinking water plant in the US Southeast. More detailed results will become available this fall, but highlights to date include the following:
- Long-chain PFAS destruction of up to 98% is obtained.
- No short chain PFAS re-formation is observed, a welcome change from what is commonly observed in literature with other electrochemical technologies.
- Over 80% of the major PFAS compounds are destroyed, validating ECOTHOR®-AOP’s place in an affordable treatment train solution for municipalities and industry, with upstream concentrating steps (ex. foam fractionation) and downstream media polishing (ex. granular activated carbon, ion exchange resin).
- E2metrix’s proprietary ECOTHOR® reactors and electrode configurations have been operated with great success, with no unexpected maintenance issues, confirming the robustness and readiness of the already-commercialized ECOTHOR®-AOP unit, now for PFAS destruction.
Mo Laaroussi, Founder & CEO of E2metrix, said the following: “With draft federal regulations for potable water expected to be issued shortly by the US EPA, coupled with state regulations, municipalities are scrambling to come up with affordable solutions for their communities. Onsite PFAS destruction is the only responsible approach and E2metrix has positioned itself to leverage its commercial ECOTHOR®-AOP process to offer this market-ready capability.”
Additionally, E2metrix will be on hand at WEFTEC, the largest annual gathering of water professionals in North America – October 8th to 12th, in New Orleans. To set up a meeting, please contact E2metrix at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download a copy of this press release, please click here.
About E2metrix Inc.
E2metrix is a Sherbrooke, Quebec-based technology company which specializes in the design, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of innovative & clean electro-technologies. The company’s core offering is ECOTHOR®, its patented electrotechnology platform (14 patents, 8 issued, 6 pending) for water, wastewater, and industrial water treatment. Over 200 ECOTHOR® reactors have been delivered to 25 sites to date. ECOTHOR® can be adapted to remove a wide range of complex contaminants. ECOTHOR® was recognized in 2020 internationally as one of the 1000 efficient and profitable solutions for the planet by the Solar Impulse Foundation.
– 30 –